- Vivo X Fold 3 and X Fold 3 Pro could launch with Snapdragon chipsets.
- Vivo X100 Ultra could bring a Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 and Sony LYT-900 camera.
- Vivo Pad 3 could pack a MediaTek Dimensity processor.
- After the Chinese Spring Festival vacation, the phone makers in the country including Vivo are likely to launch new phones. Vivo is expected to launch a new phone from the Vivo X100 family called Vivo X100 Ultra. The rumours also suggest Vivo X Fold 3 launch and a new tablet called Vivo Pad 3. So, a tablet, a foldable, and an upstate flagship phone. Here is what we know:
· Vivo X Fold 3 series launch timeline (expected)
- As per DigitalChatStationon Weibo, the Vivo X Fold 3 lineup could launch in March. That would be earlier compared to the April launch of Vivo X Fold 2.
- We areVivo X100 Ultra expecting two models, namely, the Vivo X Fold 3 and the Vivo X Fold 3 Pro. The Weibo post mentions an “all-round thin and light” folding phone with a Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC inside. That Vivo X100 Ultracould be the Pro model. Meanwhile, the regular X Fold 3 could pack the older yet powerful Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip.
- The chipset won’t be the only differentiation between the two. The Pro-grade Vivo foldable could bring exclusive features like an ultrasonic in-screen fingerprint reader, a 64MP periscope telephoto sensor and wireless charging support. On the other hand, Vivo could cut some costs with the standard X Vivo X100 UltraFold 3 and it could carry aVivo X100 Ultra relatively affordable price tag
Vivo Pad 3 launch timeline (expected)
Alongside the Vivo X Fold 3 series, the Vivo Pad 3 could also launch or at least the launch is tipped to be in the same month.
The Vivo Pad 3 is rumoured to bear the MediaTek Dimensity 9300 processor. An 80W charger could keep the clock ticking. And on top of this hardware setup, there could be a 13-inch display with 3K resolution.
Vivo X100 Ultra launch timeline (expected)
So, after the Vivo X100 and the Vivo X100 Pro, we could get the Vivo X100 Ultra next. Although the tipster doesn’t explicitly take any of the product names, the phone with codename Thanos is believed to be the Vivo X100 Ultra. It could launch in Q2, 2024.
It could ship with a Samsung E7 AMOLED screen, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC, a 5,000mAh battery with 100W wired charging, 50W wireless charging and a 50MP quad-camera setup. The main camera could be a Sony LYT-900 sensor.
Since all these details are based on early rumours, we suggest you take them with a grain of salt. In time, we should be getting more concrete and meaty details.
vivo X100 Pro 5G
MediaTek Dimensity 9300 | 16 GBProcessor
6.78 inches (17.22 cm)Display
50 MP + 50 MP + 50 MPRear camera
32 MPSelfie camera
While the Vivo X100 ultra Pro tries to retain some of the overall design language of the X90 Pro, there are some noticeable changes as well. The biggest one is the rear camera module which is bigger now to house larger sensors. There are some interesting things to note about the rear camera design. Firstly, the mirror-finish stainless steel outer case has a crescent shape in the style of a sun halo design, which means it’s not uniform and the lack of this could trigger some people! The edges are rimmed in a way that’s inspired by bezels on Rolex watches. The rear camera module protrudes enough to make the phone sit at an angle on a flat surface.