- Apple A18 Pro Geekbench scores have been tipped.
- The A18 Pro scores are better than its predecessor but here we will see how it compares to its upcoming Snapdragon counterpart.
- We will also check out the details of A18 Pro that we know.
- Apple A18 Pro would be powering the upcoming iPhone 16 Pro Although there’s plenty of time before its likely September launch within the new iPhones, the alleged A18 Pro Geekbench scores have leaked. While its single-core and multi-score improvement may not come as a surprise to some, it’s a massive leap nonetheless. To put it in context, it is even more than the M3 chip within Macs.
- Apple A18 Pro Geekbench results (rumoured)
- As per the scores tipped by Nguyen Phi Hung, a hardware leakster on X, the forthcoming Applemobile SoC has pulled off a whopping 3,500 points in single-core test and 8,200 points in multi-core test.
- Its predecessor, the A17 Pro powering the iPhone 15 Pro series, had 2,890 and 7,145 points in single-core and multi-core tests respectively.
- Meanwhile, the Apple M3 chip within the 14-inch MacBook Pro has got only 3,170 single-core score as per the latest Geekbench 6 listing.
- As for its upcoming Qualcomm competitor, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 SoC has reportedly scored 2,845 in single-core test and 10,628 in multi-core test. So, while Apple has better single-core performance, the Snapdragon chip has managed better multi-core performance, it seems as per these early scores.
Apple A18 Pro specifications (expected)
Apple A18 Pro, expected to power the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max, is said to have a 6-core CPU with two high-powered cores and six low-powered cores. In contrast, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 4 could bring two efficiency cores and six performance cores.
These are all speculations until we have conclusive evidence and as speculations go, we supposeApple A18 Apple would continue its Pro and Bionic chip bifurcation Apple A18between the standard and Pro iPhone 16 models, which it started with the iPhone 15 lineup.
Separately, Ming-Chi Kuo also shared predictions for the iPhone in 2024. Apple A18The analyst says his latest supply chain survey suggests Apple has “lowered its 2024 iPhone shipments of key upstream semiconductor components to about 200 million units.”
iPhone 16 series might not bring major design changes
- Kuo says that Apple will not launch new iPhone models with significant design changes this year.
- The more comprehensive/differentiated GenAI ecosystem/applications will arrive in iPhone models, probably dubbed iPhone 17 only in 2025.
- The foldable design and generative AI features are the two biggest trends for high-end flagships right now, as per Kuo.
- The analyst believes iPhone shipments could decline in 2024 Apple A18as a result of Apple not introducing products focused on these trending features.
- Rumours suggest the notablApple A18e hardware change coming to the iPhone 16 lineup is the ‘capture button‘ for video-related actions.
- According to reports, the button will respond to pressure and touch. For example, users will be able to zoom in and out in the camera app by wiping left and right on the button.
- The iPhone 16 Pro and Pro Max are tipped to feature larger 6.3-inch and 6.9-inch display sizes, compared to 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch displays on the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- In a new investor note, an Apple analyst says his latest supply chain survey suggests Apple has lowered its 2024 iPhone shipments of key upstream semiconductor components to about 200 million units. This marks a decline of around 15 percent YoY for iPhone shipments, according to Kuo. The analyst says that this fall includes factors like the slowdown of iPhone sales in China and the lack of notable design and software innovations, as said. “Apple’s weekly shipments in China have declined by 30–40% YoY in recent weeks,” noted Kuo.